Shacknews Long Read: "Hell Razer: The Making of Doom Eternal"Image Not Found.
In celebration of Doom Eternal's release on March 20, I wrote a sequel of sorts to 2017's Stairway to Badass. Originally written as a long read on Shacknews, StB chronicled the making and remaking of the game that became "Doom 2016." The sequel, Hell Razer, goes inside id Software to recount the making of Doom Eternal.
Shacknews has a storied history with id's first-person shooters, as does your humble author. To further celebrate all things Doom, I wrote not one, but two long reads, as well as several other features about Doom. You'll find lots of content below. Enjoy!
- Hell Razer: The Making of Doom Eternal
- Super Doom: How id Software's Opus Made the Jump to Super NES
- Insanely Fast: Bethesda's Pete Hines talks Doom Eternal
- Knee-Deep in the Ports: Ranking the Best (and Worst) Versions of Doom
- Apollo 11 Situations: John Romero on Porting Doom and Wolfenstein 3D
- Voices in the Blood: Scott Patterson and the Terrifying Soundscape of Doom 64