‘Rocket Jump’ and ‘Shovel Knight’ available in new StoryBundle from Nov. 14 – Dec. 6Image Not Found.
Many of you have been eager to purchase Rocket Jump: Quake and the Golden Age of First-Person Shooters. I’m pleased to announce that both Rocket Jump and Shovel Knight (Boss Fight Books) are available in the Winter Power-Up Game Bundle collection of books, available now on storybundle.com. The bundle runs from today through December 6.
I’ve been a part of storybundle.com’s video game-themed bundles for several years, but this bundle means more to me than most: It’s the first bundle in my appointment as a curator at StoryBundle. I hand-picked nearly every book in the collection, with the exception of two that had been signed before I came on board. I’m just as excited about those two, however, because every book in this bundle is of excellent quality.
StoryBundle offers pay-what-you-want collections of DRM-free eBooks that benefit indie authors and charities. Paying at or above a certain amount unlocks a few books in a bundle, while paying at or above a slightly higher price gets you bonus books. The Winter Power-Up Game Bundle includes 11 books: 4 books unlock for those who pay at least $5, while paying $15 or more gets you the whole set.
The 4 books in the Winter Power-Up Game Bundle include:
- NES Works Volume 1: 1985 by Jeremy Parish
- Sega Saturn Games You Will Never Play by Unseen64
- The Game Beat: Observations and Lessons from Two Decades Writing About Games by Kyle Orland
- PlayStation Games You Will Never Play by Unseen64
The bundle’s bonus books are:
- Rocket Jump: Quake and the Golden Age of First-Person Shooters by David L. Craddock
- NES Works Volume 2: 1986 by Jeremy Parish
- Game of X v.2: The Long Road to Xbox by Rusel DeMaria
- Generation Decks: The Unofficial History of Gaming Phenomenon Magic The Gathering by Titus Chalk
- Shovel Knight by David L. Craddock
- Making Mulaka by Christian Cardenas
- Nintendo 64 Games You Will Never Play by Unseen64
You can buy a bundle for yourself, or for the game fans and readers in your life. It’s the perfect digital stocking stuffer. Head to storybundle.com to read an excerpt from each book and to purchase the bundle, and follow me on Twitter @davidlcraddock to read excerpts and reviews of each book.